THE FRANK REID CRICKET PRECINCT AND AQUATICS COMPLEX
To upgrade the existing, poorly functioning Frank Reid area to include dining facilities for pupils and staff and an aquatic centre which will incorporate an entrance off the Sandown Road Parking area.
Over the past decade, boys opting to study Life Sciences has more than doubled and additional laboratories are desperately needed to accommodate this increase in demand. There is currently no space in the Academic block to accommodate these additional classrooms. Moving the pool to this location will then allow space for new classrooms whilst creating a better set of interconnected spaces and routes between new buildings.
- To create a functional dining facility for pupils and staff.
- A 40m pool will allow two water polo matches to be played simultaneously.
- A smaller pool for the Pre-Prep boys could enhance safety and inspire confidence in our young swimmers.
- An entrance off Sandown Road will create greater convenience for parents during drop-off and collections.
- The space left by the old pool will provide space to build the much-needed Life Science Laboratories.